• Die-cast aluminum valve covers
• Polished to a bright shine
• Approximately 1/4" taller than production covers
• For use on 1986-and-newer engines with center hold-downs
• Kit includes bolts, washers and seals
• Installed on ZZ5 and SP350 crate engines
NOTE: Use valve cover gasket P/N 10046089 and replacement bolt and seal kit P/N 12497980.
People can’t see the beautiful porting artistry inside your Chevrolet Performance aluminum cylinder heads, but they can, and do, see the valve covers. To make sure your GM engine looks as great as it runs, Chevrolet Performance offers a wide selection of precision-engineered, branded valve covers. The valve covers are either aluminum or stamped steel. They’re designed to seal tightly and minimize the chance of oil leakage. Taller competition valve covers are made to easily clear high performance valvetrain components.
NOTE: Valve covers are sold in pairs unless otherwise specified. Valve covers cannot be used with 15° or 18° heads unless otherwise stated.
Chevrolet Performance 12497978 Polished Aluminum Valve Covers
- Brand: Chevrolet Performance
- Product Number: 12497978